Best strategy using the Portuguese nation in Age Of Empires 3
In Age of Empires III, the Portuguese nation has a unique playstyle that revolves around economic strength and naval dominance. Here's a strategy guide to help you make the most of the Portuguese nation:
- Early Exploration: Start by sending your starting explorer to explore the map thoroughly. This will help you locate resources, treasures, and potential opponents. Focus on finding treasures that provide economic benefits, such as experience points, resources, or units.
- Economic Focus: The Portuguese excel in economic strength, so prioritize building a strong economy early on. Focus on gathering and managing resources effectively. Establish a solid villager production and distribute them to gather wood, food, and coin efficiently. Consider building trading posts near Native American settlements to gain valuable bonuses.
- Water Dominance: As the Portuguese, you have a strong naval advantage. Exploit this by building a robust navy to control the seas. Use your ships to protect your coastline, raid enemy trade routes, and secure valuable trading posts. Research naval upgrades at the Dock to enhance your ships' strength and effectiveness.
- Unique Units and Technologies: The Portuguese have unique units and technologies that can give you an edge. Train Cassador infantry units, which are strong against infantry and artillery. Research unique technologies like the Organ Guns, which provide powerful artillery support on the battlefield.
- Colonial Power: Leverage the Portuguese's colonial strengths by advancing through Ages quickly. Use shipments wisely to gain economic advantages, military reinforcements, or unique units. Prioritize unlocking military shipments that synergize well with your strategy, such as naval units or artillery.
- Defensive Structures: Build defensive structures like walls, forts, and outposts strategically to protect your settlements and key areas. Forts can be especially useful in securing critical resources or defending against enemy attacks.
- Allies and Trading: Forge alliances with other players to gain advantages in the game. Trade resources with your allies or establish trade routes with neutral markets to boost your economy further.
- Flexible Strategies: While the Portuguese have certain strengths, adaptability is key. Tailor your strategy based on the map, opponents' civilizations, and your long-term goals. Be prepared to adjust your approach, whether it's focusing on land-based combat or shifting to a more aggressive playstyle if the situation demands it.
Remember, mastering any strategy in Age of Empires III requires practice, experimentation, and adapting to the ever-changing game dynamics. So, don't be afraid to try new approaches and strategies to find what works best for you as a player. Good luck!
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.